UK residents can now get FREE grief support through Grief Coach texts!
Big news! Grieving people in the UK can now receive ongoing, expert text message support free of charge through Grief Coach texts. This service, provided by bereavement charity Sue Ryder, is available to people who live in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
How to sign up:
1. Visit sueryder.grief.coach and click "Sign Up Now"
2. Fill out "Your Story," including:
- your name
- the name of the person who died
- your relationship to them
- any dates that are important to you—for instance the day they died, your birthday, and holidays like Christmas and Easter
3. Add Supporters
This step is optional, but research shows that receiving support from others helps grievers feel less alone after a death. Simply let us know the names and phone numbers of the people you'd like to support you, and we'll text them gentle suggestions for showing up for you as you grieve. You focus on taking care of yourself; we'll take care of educating your friends and family.
4. Start receiving Grief Coach texts
That's it! Once you've signed up, there's no more you need to do. You'll get your first text right away. Texts are personalised to your unique grief experienced based on the details you filled out in "Your Story."
This partnership has been many months in the making, and we are honoured to provide grief support to bereaved people across the UK.